Monday, October 5, 2009

The Menu



I have a new goal. I will admit that I've made numerous previous attempts at this goal, just to be defeated. But seriously, I mean it this time! It's grocery shopping with a purpose. I honestly think I spend more time and money at the grocery store than I do on my bad shopping habit. So not only am I on a self-imposed spending haitus, but I am going to start being a smart grocery shopper. I figure if I can actually plan a menu for the week, make a list, and stick with it, I will not only spend less money and time at the grocery store, but I will have better, healthier meals throughout the week. So here it goes.





The Menu:

Curried Cocunut Chicken

Tri-tip steak, marinated in soy sauce, with baked sweet potato fries


Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Rosemary, Apples, and Onions

Taco Soup with Homemade Breadsticks

Some of these are new, never tested recipes, and some are old favorites. I'll let you know how my challenge goes and share any recipes that prove to be fabulous!
Image via here

1 comment:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Reid would love me if I planned a menu like that. I do usually plan one but it usually includes things like "macaroni and cheese" and "soup and sanwiches" maybe I need to come over so you can teach me to cook.