Friday, October 9, 2009

In Preparation

Two years ago Husband and I went to Cincinnati to visit my twin brother and his cute wife for Thanksgiving. I was so excited because we were going to make our very own turkey dinner all by ourselves. It was then that I learned how to roast a turkey. With the advice of my mother I lathered the turkey with mayonnaise, and I’ve had delicious moist turkeys ever since.
Every year I like to have my own Thanksgiving dinner at my own home, right before the actual holiday. I know we haven’t even had Halloween yet, but I’m already getting excited for it, but I can’t help but wonder if anyone has any advice to kick things up a notch? Any tips? Secrets? Do share.
Next up, I’m determined to master stuffing. I’ve tried so many recipes, but I just can’t seem to get quite what I’m hoping for.
Image via MarthaStewart.com
Me, my sister, & my sis-in-law
Cincinnati 2007

2 comments:

Freybabies said...

O.K. Tish, this is the secret to Grandma Erickson famous stuffing which I crave every year. The main secret ingredient is 'Jimmy Deans sausage' fried up and put in the stuffing. Makes for so much taste. You can even get the spicy version which really kicks it up a bit. It has never failed. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! What is UP with all the posts? Are you a BLOGGER now! For crying out loud :)

Heart you.