Monday, January 11, 2010

Perfection! Chocolate Chip Cookies

I feel like for years I've been searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I was starting to believe it didn't exist. Even when I did get a recipe, it was always hit and miss. I know I promised this recipe a while ago, but I wanted to make sure that it really was a "no fail" recipe.


This recipe came from a good friends mother who passed away. I wish I knew her better, especially since she must have been an excellent cooks because all of her recipes always turn out to fabulous!



Deanna's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Sift flour, soda, and salt separately, and add to mixture. Stir in nuts and chips. Scoop and roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 32 cookies.

I've made this recipe probably a dozen times and every time they come out crisp on the edges and fluffy in the middle.
Tip: try the cookies frozen, they are really good.

No comments: