Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decadent

I love serving this recipe because I know it will please the masses. It a rich, moist, decant chocolate cake and it's so easy to make! Whenever I'm in a hurry I whip this up and you can't mess it up (my favorite kind of recipe). It's from the "101 thing to do with a Cake Mix."

Death By Chocolate
1 chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat eggs, sour cream, water, and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Stir in chocolate cihps. Place batter in a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-55 minutes until a fork comes clean. Cook cake in pan. When cool, sift powdered sugar on top of cake, or kick it up a notch and pour chocolate frosting on top.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I have made a version of this (fewer eggs, add mayo) and it tastes surprisingly un-box-cake-like for being based off a cake mix. Super good! I'll have to try it with a glaze next time, though.