Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year



It's a new year and I feel like it would just be wrong to start off without giving you something healthy. I wouldn't even call this a recipe, but it's my go to quick and healthy dinner. You can find the chicken strips and vegetables from Costco in the frozen food section.

On medium high heat pour about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into a frying pan. Place frozen chicken in pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 15 minutes. Steam vegetables in microwave. Mix chicken and vegetable together and you have a very good, very healthy meal.

Since I like to eat this meal several times a week when I'm trying to lose those extra holiday pounds I try to finds ways of making it interesting. For example: add some garlic and purple onions in the frying pan, or try different kind of seasonings. I also like to have this with a red potato with about a tablespoon of fat free sour cream. Really, there are so many options, but trust me, it's really tasty.

No comments: