Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gelato Countdown

In exactly 12 days I will be on a plane heading for Europe with my twin bro and his wife. First I'll be trying out bratwurst's in Germany (can you believe I've never had one before?) and then I'll move down through Italy in search of the best gelato. Seriously, if you know anything about me at all, you know that my favorite part of travel is the food!
It will be husbands first time out of the country (Canada just doesn't count) and we're both so excited. Any tips, favorite restaurants, shopping, or sites that are a must? Please share!

I went out with some cute girlfriends the other night to try out some local Italian pizza at Setebello's and then on for some gelato at Capo Gelateria. It's a good way to prepare for my trip, don't you think? Anyway, these connecting restaurant's are a must date night/girls night, and I highly recommend them!
I inquired about the difference between gelato and ice cream, and besides the differences in ingredients and processes, it apparently has fewer calories! I figured that I can now eat more of it while in Italy.

6 comments:

Freybabies said...

Wowee, how exciting...Have a great time and take
lot's of pics. Bring home a nutcracker for your Christmas collection.

Krista said...

I am going to ask for more details, even though I am already green with envy. How long will you be gone? Which countries are you stopping in? Is it part of a guided tour? If I lose some weight can I hide in your suitcase if I promise to buy you a new wardrobe when we get there?

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Nice!! I wish I had some tips for you but the closest I've come to Europe is french class.. Have fun!

SHIPP said...

oh fun for you guys. i think i am on my way to get gelato now. i can't wait to hear about your trip.

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

YUM!! I can't wait!! See you on Wednesday!!

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you my sister is a waitress at Setebello? Interesting, huh.

Heart you.