Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Because I want to go wherever you go...


For our 8th Anniversary (yes 8, I know) I wanted to do something special for Husband. I got the idea from the Oh Happy Day blog and knew it would be perfect. I thought it would be simple, but it turned out to be quite the project with many late nights. I pretty much followed the instructions, the only problem I faced was that the map I got was really big! I also thought it would be great to add a beautiful frame, and I knew my friend Alex has mad wood working skills! I got some pins to indicate all the places we've been, and all the places we want to go. Here's the breakdown:

World map 43x30 found at Utah Idaho Supply for $12.99
Pins / flags founds at Utah Idaho Supply for around $3.99/pkg
Foam board at Michaels Crafts for $1.50
Spray glue at Michaels Crafts for $3.00
Wood to make the frame at Lowe's for a total of $10.00
Stain for the wood I already had

Now all I have to do is to figure out where I want to hang it up. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That is a super cute idea! Too bad I couldn't do that for Reid because all the flags would be in utah!

It was so good to see you! I tell Reid all the time that we need more people like you, Mike, and Jayna around, you guys are just more like us!

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

What an awesome idea!! And I'm so glad that we were able to help you mark some of Europe off of the map. Who am i kidding, I was able to help you, we know Michael just planned for himself. HAPPY 8TH ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS!!

Jessie said...

Hi Tish,
I am glad you found my blog! It was so good to see you at the reunion. You look so good. I love your map idea. That is just so cute! I am glad to know you guys are doing well, and if you find yourselves in Chicago, you'll have to give us a call and we can get together for dinner or something. I'll be sure to check in with your blog to keep updated!